This one i love!! I made it king size for my bed....i am a bright and vibrant kinda person when it comes to my fabrics. I was kinda going for a Mardi Gras theme here. I put a pre-quilted solid black piece as the backing. This thing was a pain in the rear, to say the least, at attempting to quilt the center of it. I use just a regular sewing machine from simplicity. At some point i would like to up grade to a larger machine with a longer arm so i can do these larger quilts. This one is 8" squares 13 wide by 11 tall. Needless to say it took forever to get this all cut.
The butterflies and iris, as i like to call it, is the one for my friend. I put the iris panel on the back and quilted together the front. I got this done in a day....its 8" squares with about a 3" border on the sides.
Typically with my quilts i do 6" squares, these were the first 2 i had done with 8" squares. It really didn't make it any more easy or difficult. As i do these at least they seem to be getting easier and i find myself trying harder things. I have started on a new one, but I'm no where near done with it. I'm doing 6" squares cut into 4 triangles....so basically its gonna be a triangle quilt. I'll try and get some pictures of it so you can see what it is exactly that I'm doing.
I kinda wish i had been quilting today versus what i was doing....cleaning. I got the living room clean, vacuumed, and rearranged. I got the kitchen cleaned up, swept and mopped. I should really go clean up my room a little bit more, but yea i don't feel like it now.
Changing the subject...tomorrow we are going over to another couples house and taking the kids swimming. I'm looking forward to it. I don't seem to really get out of the house much except for running to the store for a few minutes. These walls get really boring to look at after being in the house all week. I enjoy the time home with the kids, unless they decided to double team me at fussing then i really wish i was working, lol. Maybe I'll take my camera with me tomorrow and get some good pictures of the boys in the pool. Well feel free to leave me a comment or two about my blog...i never know if i ramble on to much or not enough, but i do like feedback.
No comments:
Post a Comment