So, outside of hanging out with some friends, getting to know the area and exploring it had been pretty quite. Notice i said had....the last few months have been very busy and some what of a roller coaster if you will. Lets put it like this in the last 4 months i have lost a very sweet dog that i got back in 2003, she slipped a disc in her and had to be put down. I still miss her :( . A little piece of advice....no matter how much you want to go to the beach, if your gut is telling you to take the dog to the vet...then take the dog to the vet. Don't ignore it and go to the beach anyway. Although we did have fun, i should have bypassed it. Hind sights 20/20 right? I did happen to get a new puppy about a week before all that happened, just out of coincidence. Now he is a HAND FULL! He's 6 months now and has decided its ok to put his paws up on my counter top and get a hold of crap he's not to, he wont potty train for NOTHING, and he's well a puppy. I just have to give him time i know.
I finally decided to go back to work and after a few weeks of testing the water i finally got a call back. So now I've been there for almost 2 months. I like the job, most of the people, and the hours sometime. Hey as long as i get the hours i need i really don't complain. I told myself a while back that i would do my best to cut the BS out of my daily routine and just attempt to keep my mouth shut. But as i grow older I've noticed i have become less tolerant of BS and stupid people. And let me tell you the category of "stupid people" covers a variety of things, lol.
On top of the new job my husbands work schedule has been changed up, which in turn messed my stuff up, the baby sitter quit right in the middle of it all. Luckily, they worked with me on my hours so for now we have it ironed out :).
On a side note....thanks to the whole job thing and lack of daycare at the time, my momma got to come out and visit :D, i missed her/I MISS HER! I know she gets tired of me calling some days but living here or there I'm sure if i wasn't on the phone with her I'd be at their house.
So as we all know, i am a military wife and it is a very strange and hard "position" to be in. (I use the word position for lack of a better word) All i really have to say about that is life inst peachy and its pretty much just kinda down right sucked lately. Without going into a whole lot of detail, we'll just say there are some rough seas ahead and at this point we will just have to see if we can navigate it.
As for the kids, they are doing great! Growing like weeds and learning new things everyday. My oldest is now 4 and has decided its ok to talk back, tell me no, and argue about everything. I guess its just the age, maybe all the changes we have had here lately....I'm really not sure, but i hope it passes soon. I feel bad with as much as i feel angry and irritated at him, but that's life right?? My youngest is now 18 months and a HANDFUL! He is talking and learning a new word everyday...or so it seems. His new thing is telling me no and just testing the waters with me. I actually think we are coming into the terrible 2's early. They are the sweetest things you will ever meet and i wouldn't trade them for the world.
Kinda just as a side topic on kids...kids in general anyway. I know mine, especially my oldest, can be a hyper....well just down right uncontrollable at times. But I think I've decided that I'm just not gonna apologize for his actions, unless of coarse we are in public. I've found that finding friends is very hard, especially when u have kids! The actual "art" of making friends isn't hard, its growing and keeping them around. Part of that is accepting everyone for who they are and how they are/act. And to me, to an extent, if you cant except us for who we are no matter how irritating my kid/s can be then i don't guess you were really meant to be my friend. Is that wrong? Maybe I'm just crazy...
Moving on...So the last few days have just been a gigantic pain in the rear! The A/C decided to crash Friday night and with the temps here being near 100 the last week...it didn't feel great in the house. A long story short, the air is now fixed and we ended up spending 2 out of 5 nights in a hotel. I'm just glad nothing worse came out of not having the air.
Well i guess i feel better now that i have shared a lot of this, sorry if it was boring. Life is what it is...I'm just gonna have to figure out how to maneuver my way through the BS better. So, from here we look to the upcoming events and try not to forget about the present or over look and brush things to the side. So for now its enjoy the kids, work, clean, save, and take a cruise in a few months! Yes that's right i said cruise :) Its not a family one unfortunately, well kinda is but isn't to be honest. I'm actually gonna go with my parents and have about a week to myself. Part of me feels guilty for it and part of me just cant wait. I feel its much needed and i honestly hope it will be enough to kinda just clear my head a bit, let loose and be able to get my head back on straight. More positive in the future and less negative, that is the goal!
So here are some pictures i have taken here in the last few months.....ENJOY!
No comments:
Post a Comment